Friday, October 12, 2012

End of the Year Awards



As a member of the Baseball Bloggers Alliance, one of our duties is to vote in one of the 4 yearly voting opportunities.  One of those opportunities is upon us as it’s time to vote for the end of the year awards.  It’s also the first voting opportunity that has come up since I joined the Alliance, and I’m honored and excited to be a part of it.  Here are the awards we are voting for:


The Connie Mack Award (compare to Manager of the Year)

The Willie Mays Award (compare to Rookie of the Year)

The Goose Gossage Award (compare to Reliever of the Year)

The Walter Johnson Award (compare to Cy Young Award)

The Stan Musial Award (compare to MVP)

So here are my winners, with a breakdown of my voting following in my upcoming posts. 


The Connie Mack Award

NL:            Davey Johson

AL:            Buck Showalter


The Willie Mays Award

NL:            Wade Miley

AL:            Mike Trout


The Goose Gossage Award

NL:            Craig Kimbrel

AL:            Fernando Rodney


The Walter Johnson Award

NL:            R.A Dickey

AL:            Jered Weaver


The Stan Musial Award

NL:            Ryan Braun

AL:            Miguel Cabrera


I’ll be following this post with a breakdown of how I made my picks, the other people I considered and some final thoughts on the season.  Share some of your picks.  I’d love to read them.

No comments:

Post a Comment